New Early Years Framework 2017
Early years (under 5s) foundation stage framework (EYFS)
Effective from 3rd April 2017
• sets the standards that all early years providers must meet to ensure that children learn and develop well
• ensures children are kept healthy and safe
• ensures that children have the knowledge and skills they need to start school
The statutory framework is for:
• school leaders
• school staff
• childcare providers
It relates to:
• local authority-maintained schools
• non-maintained schools (schools not maintained by a local authority)
• independent schools
• academies and free schools
• private nursery schools
TEACHERS AND PRACTITIONERS
You will find lots of EYFS planning in the Under5s eStore.
Both Play Plans and Under5s Focus Plans, as well as lots of other great resources.
TRY A FREE SAMPLE PLAN - SEE ESTORE FOR DETAILS
Parents, carers, teachers and practitioners
Find printables, activities, themes and ideas for early learning on the Under5s website, just click on the links at the top of the page.