Easter Sunday is the most important day of the year to Christians. This is the day, Christians
believe, that Jesus rose from death. Christians believe that Jesus died for their sin and rose again. The Easter week begins with Palm Sunday, which occurs on the Sunday before Easter Sunday. Christian’s believe that Jesus rode triumphantly into Jerusalem where crowds laid palms at his feet. On Good Friday Jesus was crucified on the cross and on the Sunday he rose again from the dead.
Tell the children that Christians believe that Jesus died on the cross and came back to life on Easter Sunday.
In 2017 Palm Sunday is on April 9th, Good Friday April 13th and Easter Sunday April 16th.
Easter Activity and Colouring Pack
Some activity sheets and colouring pages on the theme of Easter.
A big egg template for little hands to cut out. You can colour it in, draw on patterns, or use to make a card
Count and colour 4 eggs
Count and colour 5 eggs
Egg Race - Who will reach their egg first. Use a pencil to trace along the lines
Learn to write the word egg. Big letters for little ones to trace
Easter maze - Help the Easter Bunny find his way through the maze.
Make a Giant Easter Egg
This is a spectacularly messy activity, you will need plenty of aprons and a large messy area, but the children will love it
What you need
What you need
- Balloons (one very large one and/or several medium sized ones)
- Plain flour
- Newspaper - cut into 30cm strips
- Plain paper - cut into 30cm strips
- Strip of card
- Poster paints or similar
- Blow up the balloon/balloons and knot them (so they don't deflate)
- Mix the flour and water together in the bucket to make a runny paste (I find two parts water to one part flour gives about the right consistency)
- Dunk the newspaper strips in the paste (I just pop the lot in and leave them to soak)
- Cover the balloon(s) with layers of wet newspaper strips until you can no longer see any part of the balloon
- Repeat until you have covered the balloon(s) with about 3 layers of newspaper in total
- Now repeat again but this time using the plain paper strips
- Repeat with plain paper until the newspaper no longer shows through (about 2 layers should do it)
- Join the two ends of the strip of cardboard together to form a circular stand(s)
- Pop the papier mache balloon(s) on the stand and leave to dry (this could take up to 3 days)
- When dry decorate with the poster paints
- If you want two half shells or an easter egg that opens, stick a pin in one end to burst the balloon inside, and cut in half lengthways.